Skill Struck’s Profile of Computer Science (CS) Students defines the skills and attributes our student users develop as they learn computer science through our platforms. These are skills that will benefit all students and set them up for bright and successful futures.
But, learning CS does not only support students who want to pursue CS. When we say “Coding Is For Everyone” we mean it. The attributes and skills students develop through CS will prepare them for a successful future no matter what career they choose.
The curriculum and content found on our platforms will equip every student with the skills required to thrive in civic life, at college, or in a career. Skill Struck student users are:
- Computational Thinkers: Our student users learn how to break down complex problems into smaller, more manageable parts, and identify patterns and relationships among them. Mastering this process helps them approach any problem on the computer and beyond more effectively and come to efficient solutions.
- Creators: Our student users are thinkers today, and creators tomorrow. Students have many opportunities to express themselves and explore their interests through computer science and are equipped with the skills to be outside-the-box thinkers and impact the world in their own unique way.
- Responsible Digital Citizens: Our student users are savvy about internet safety, respectable and empathetic digital citizens, and quick to detect lies easily spread through technology that can lead to debilitating mental health, poor body image, lowered self-worth, and more.
- Resilient: Our student users know from hundreds of hours of coding that failure is a natural part of the learning process, and view it as an opportunity to learn and improve. They don’t get discouraged by setbacks or feel intimidated when faced with something new. Their resilience, optimism, and growth mindset prepare them to handle whatever their future brings.
- Reliable Collaborators: Our student users participate in a variety of group projects, helping them become better listeners, proactive communicators, and reliable team members. These collaboration skills result in the creation of incredible software, products, and experiences that influence people’s lives for the better.
Click here for a printable version of Skill Struck’s Profile of CS Students
We are proud of our student users and look forward to their bright futures! If these attributes and skills align with your school’s vision for your graduates, and you would like to learn more about how Skill Struck can support you in preparing your students for the future, reach out to a Skill Struck representative. We would love to chat!